Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Scuba and M&R

Well, I've been in Mtwara for the last week. It's ungodly hot, but there is internet and ocean. On the topic of oceans, I'm done with my confined water dives and the theory portion of my PADI Open Water course at ECO2. I highly recommend it. They are not just a dive resort, they are actively involved in marine research and conservation and are committed to community development

M&R was less painful than I'd expected, it was about as good as you can make a conference on filling out forms. I only nodded off once or twice...

an hour. But the Peace Corps HQ rep was very cool, and understanding. After this week of playing in the dirt at permaculture, I'll finish up my open water dives and then head up to Dar for Thanksgiving. Life is good.

No comments: