Saturday, December 02, 2006

A life of what ifs....

I've been struggling to feel some sense of closure on the whole mugging issue. Though I wasn't hurt very bad, it certainly got me thinking about the "what if" situation. That then cascaded into a whole introspective quagmire of "what ifs".

What if I had taken my first peace corps country assignment? How would I be feeling right now if I was in Turkmenistan? Who would my friends be? What would my life be like? I don't feel un-happy with Tanzania, but the thought has crossed my mind, even more so after I met a couple who had just COS's from PC-Swaziland.

Then hanging out with new volunteers who just swore in, it made me think back to when I was still a newbie. Then I thought what would it be like if I was in that group, or what it would have been like if I was in the group that came before me.

I still think that I'm pretty happy where I'm at right now, but my mind is wandering. Now it's movie time. So no more posty-action today.

No comments: