Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Things to do in Tanzania

There was a check-list of things I wanted to do in Africa once I leaned I was going into Peace Corps, it went something like this:

Raft the Nile River
Go on a Safari
Ride and Elephant
Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
Swim in the Indian Ocean
Play with some monkeys
Visit Unguja and Pemba (That's Zanzibar, yo)
Make friends with some cool people

That list is going pretty well.

After I got here, there was a list I started to compile of things I didn't want to do in Africa. It grows just about every month, and it goes something this:

Malaria
Get robbed
Acquire some obscure tropical illness
Be struck by lightning
The Hivvy
Get into a car wreck
Intestinal parasites
Be attacked by animals
Schistosomiasis
Get arrested
Spend more than 24 hours on a bus trip


Unfortunatlly that list is not going so well.

No comments: