Monday, August 21, 2006

Holy poop! I was in town just running errands today, and lo-and-behold I see 2 more white people! I started to wonder if maybe the new volunteers had somehow gotten down here early, but nope! Now I was already excited having seen one new mzungu, two more in the same week was darn near astounding. They were doing some survey work for an NGO that is planning on donating a large number (100,000+) of books to Tanzanian schools. We ended up going back to Country Lodge (where they were staying) to chat a bit. They talked about what they’d seen and been told by MoE officials, and wanted to know what my views were as an actual teacher on the front lines. They didn’t go to my school to observe, but I got the contact information, so hopefully when the books get sent, a few will make it to my school. I told them to look up the PCVs in the next few regions they were going to visit, so keep you eyes out for them.

No comments: