Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh boy, so many updates:

Had an interesting few days in the week before heading up to the Internet Café. Some Highlights:

Friday August 18, 2006
I met a tourist today. The first one in my 7 months here, as well as the first one any of the other wazungu can remember coming to town. He’s Dutch, speaks good English but little Swahili and is travelling by himself. All in all I consider him to be pretty badass considering he’s going WAY off the beaten path. Newala only gets couple of sentences in the guidebook (none of which would help you if you ended up here) and it’s the district capital. He wanted to bike down to the Ruvuma River and see Mozambique. I was down, but my bike had a flat, and Saturday I ended up observing my site-mate’s seminar for her Mamas group. It was pretty cool, so I’m glad I went. It’s good to get a different perspective and atmosphere from my usual, which is high school students. Unfortunately, I never saw him again.

Thomas, wherever you are, Safari Njema.

No comments: